🎉🎉 A new year begins, and we have fantastic news to share with you 🎉🎉
It's time to leave the comfort zone and expand your coding skills to new coding paradigms. What about pushing your limits by learning Kotlin and functional programming with Arrow.
Today, we have awesome news for you! We have joined forces with our 47 Degrees friends to create the best Kotlin + functional programming training you will ever see.
During 32 hours, an awesome team of engineers will teach you all you need to know to be able to write software using Kotlin and functional programming. The training will take place during March in our Madrid HQs.
Take a look at the outline we've created for this awesome event:
- Types: No more primitive types, Any, Unit
- Constants and variables: val/var
- Control flow: if, when, while, for
- String templates
- Functions: anonymous functions, default parameters, named arguments, tail recursion
- Classes: constructors, objects, properties, fields, inheritance, visibility
- Data classes
- Sealed classes
- Enum classes
- Collections: Mutable and immutable, Maps, Lists, Arrays
- Extensions: of Generics, of Collections, extended properties
- Operators: Overloading, inline methods
- Coroutines: Async/await
- Property delegation
- What is Functional Programming?
- Domain modeling with Algebraic Data Types
- Basic Error Handling and Data validation
- Working with Immutable Data with Optics
- Types of higher kind
- Programming with the core functional type classes
- Polymorphic Error Handling
- The issue of nested effects and monad transformers
- Working with Tagless Final & Async Effects
We will only have 16 tickets available for this open training edition, six of them early bird tickets. Don't wait for it and get your tickets soon!
47 Degrees and Karumi's best engineers have designed this training to be performed by backend or Android developers who would rather stop building software in other languages and start using the world-class features and the high-level abstractions provided by Kotlin and the functional programming paradigm.
You can find all the information about the training outline, the date, and get your tickets on the training web site. See you soon 👋